DATA PROTECTION NOTICE OF TCI RECHTSANWÄLTE
Thank you for your interest in our internet presence and our offers on our website. In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using this website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
Your data will be collected, processed and used in accordance with the provisions of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and data protection law, in particular the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO). By means of this data protection declaration, we inform about the collection of personal data on and via our website from the data subject in accordance with Art. 13 DSGVO..
1. collection of personal data in the case of informational use
In the case of merely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not log in to use the website, register or otherwise transmit information to us, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data transmitted by your browser. The purpose of this data collection is to enable you to visit the website and to ensure that the website functions properly. In addition, we use the data to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. These are:
- IP Adress
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request came
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
2. collection of personal data for personalised use
In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide additional personal data, which we use to provide the respective service. If additional voluntary information is possible, this is marked accordingly. We only collect, process and use personal data that is required for your use of the website, to answer an enquiry and/or to fulfil a contract concluded with us or that you yourself provide. In particular, this involves the following inventory data and usage data that may be transmitted via forms on our website:
- First name, surname, title
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
Inventory data and usage data are used by us to establish a contractual relationship with you, if applicable, or to structure, change or terminate the content of such a contractual relationship, to fulfil our contractual obligations, to log the user into the website, and to contact you, if requested by you or required within the framework of the contractual relationship or permitted by law.
The personal data, with the exception of the data collected by the third-party providers mentioned below, will be stored and processed within the European Union.
3. eletion periods
Unless otherwise described in this privacy notice, we will only store your data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, unless legal retention periods require longer storage. Your personal data will therefore be deleted after processing your request unless otherwise agreed or required by law.
Inventory data is deleted two years after the end of the contractual relationship at the end of the calendar year, unless longer storage is necessary and legally permissible.
4. Statistical anonymous evaluation of usage data
We are entitled to create usage profiles using pseudonyms for the purposes of advertising, market research or to design the website in line with requirements, unless you object to this. In particular, we evaluate the usage data anonymously for statistical purposes in order to design the website in a needs-oriented manner. You can object to this use of your personal data by notifying us.
5. integration of map material (OpenStreetMap)
We integrate map material from OpenStreetMap on our website. OpenStreetMap is a project of the OpenStreetMap Foundation, 132 Maney Hill Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B72 1JU, Great Britain, which collects freely usable geodata and stores it in a database for free use.
When you access the website, no connection is initially established to the OpenStreetMap servers. Instead of the embedded map, you will initially only be shown a preview image that we retrieve from our web server.
Any subsequent interactions on this website (such as searching for law firm location, region, continent, etc.) will connect to the OpenStreetMap Foundation servers and transmit data to the OpenStreetMap Foundation to display embedded maps. For more information on data protection in connection with OpenStreet Map, please refer to the OpenStreetMap Foundation’s data protection information. When a connection is established to display the maps, the following data is transmitted to OpenStreetMap servers:
- IP address
- Browser and device used
- Operating system
- the website from which you were redirected to the OpenStreetMap Foundation website (referring web page) and
- date and time of your visit to the website.
If you have a user account with OpenStreetMap and are logged in when you visit our website, the following data is also transmitted to the OpenStreetMap servers:
- User ID
- email address associated with their account, and
- Content blocked by the user and associated messages.
The integration of the map service is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. It is done in order to make our website more user-friendly and interesting. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
Further information on data protection in connection with OpenStreetMap can be found here: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_Policy.
6. transfer of personal data to third parties
Except in the cases mentioned above (registration for events, use of the ordering service, registration for a newsletter), we will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO,
- this is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c DSGVO.
If personal data is transferred to a third country (outside the EU) or an international organisation, this will be indicated separately.
7. Subcontractors and recipients of personal data
We use subcontractors in the processing of personal data and conclude a contract with these processors in accordance with the requirements of Art. 28 DSGVO.
Domainfactory GmbH, Oskar-Messter-Str. 33, 85737 Ismaning is used as a subcontractor for hosting the website.
Data entered in the contact form will be transmitted to the respective selected partnership in Berlin, Mainz or Munich.
8. Protection of personal data
We take technical and organisational measures in accordance with the requirements of Art. 32 DSGVO to protect the user’s personal data. All our employees who are involved in the processing of personal data are bound to data secrecy. Personal data of the user are encrypted during transmission to the website using HTTPS.
9. Legal basis
In accordance with Art. 13 DSGVO, we inform you of the legal basis for our data processing.
- Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing operations of personal data, Art. 6 (1) lit. a DSGVO serves as the legal basis.
- When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures.
- Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 (1) c DSGVO serves as the legal basis.
- The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO.
- If the processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO serves as the legal basis for the processing.
If the processing of personal data is based on Article 6 I lit. f DSGVO, our legitimate interest is the performance of our business activities for the benefit of the well-being of all our employees and our shareholders.
10. No automated decision making / no profiling
We do not use automated decision making or profiling.
11. Rights of data subjects
The user and other data subjects have the following rights in relation to their personal data against us:
- Right of access to the personal data concerned (Art. 15 DSGVO).
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 DSGVO)
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 DSGVO)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 DSGVO)
- Right to object to processing if data processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e or lit. f DSGVO (Art. 21 DSGVO); see also the following reference to the right to object under Art. 21 DSGVO.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 DSGVO)
- Right to revoke consent given at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation, if the data processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) DSGVO.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us (Art. 77 DSGVO).
Contact details of the competent supervisory authority:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Tel.: +49 (0)30 13889-0
Fax: +49 (0)30 2155050
12. Reference to the right of objection according to Art. 21 DSGVO
A. Right to object on the basis of the specific situation
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6(1)(e) (public security) or (f) (data processing on the basis of a balance of interests) DSGVO; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. We will no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
B. Right of objection in the case of direct advertising
If we process personal data of you for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
C. Exercise of the right to object
The right to object can be exercised informally, for example by post or e-mail to the contact details given in the imprint.
13. Service provider / responsible party / contact details / objection / revocation of consent
The service provider pursuant to Section 13 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and the responsible party within the meaning of the DSGVO, other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection nature is:
TCI Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten Müller Schmidt mbB
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 20 05 42 0
Fax.: +49 (0)30 / 20 05 42 11
All requests for information, correction and deletion, objections or revocations of consent, the assertion of the right to restriction of processing or the right to data portability as well as comments or questions from the user regarding data protection should be sent to this address.
14. Updating this privacy notice
From time to time it is necessary to adapt the content of this data protection notice. We therefore reserve the right to change it at any time. We will publish the amended version of the privacy notice in the same place as this privacy notice.